Sunday, September 18, 2011

MRS much?

Welcome to my first blog post from our kitchen table. It's not that we just got a kitchen table, or that I have never sat here before, but this is the first time that I have been able to get the wireless to connect to my computer!! Passengers, you are now free to move about the cabin--oops, the apartment (guess I forget that I am not on a Delta jet). While I am sitting here enjoying my tortilla pizza, one of my favorite creations that is not all that creative, and I am sure that others have used tortillas to make a thin crust pizza, it still makes me pretty happy and feel pretty savvy--here's an exciting blog post!!

I know you really are just checking in to see about an update for the apartment. Well, after an exciting day of hanging out of 20 children under the age of 5 yesterday, I checked out the Eastown Street Fair (got a great smoothie from Maui Wowi, those are just too few and far between). BTW, the street fair had so many cute things that I just wanted, but I am pretty sure I can get even more savvy and make them myself. Oh well, one day! The night ended with baking Applesauce Bread. The recipe is from a bag of Kroger Brown Sugar. Today was a day that ended up being rededicated to the rags portion of this blog. I got to know the secret garden pretty well. Cleaned up the pavers, swept up some leaves and just let them chill in the corner of the backyard. It looks pretty different, it just needs a few finishing touches and we will be good to go!

Today I also took some time to work on the curtains for the kitchen. I got the first set all ready to go,  and pulled out my sewing machine. I'm pretty honored to use my Grandma's sewing machine. The last time she used it was years ago I am sure. She left aqua thread on top, and khaki on the bottom. I wonder what she was working on? I got all excited and got the bobbin in. (BTW Mom, she does not have the same machine you do, I had to pull out the manual to figure this out!) Tried to get it ready to go, and I broke the needle!! Just my luck! It just means a trip out to JoAnn's this week and we'll see how it goes! No finished product, but the side hems are all pined and ready to go for the future!

Well this long weekend is coming to a close, it's 8:30 and I am pretty sure I feel like going to bed pretty soon. No curtains complete, but my laundry is done. The secret garden is in order, and I baked a loaf of bread. I am going to say that this year of living is really just my opportunity to get my MRS degree started. One requirement for males seeking me to obtain their MR degree, they have to be able to iron their own shirts. That just ain't happening (yeah, I know ain't ain't a word, I'm just starting my MRS degree, give it time!).

No comments:

Post a Comment